Disable LAN Card in a User Profile???

T

t.cruise

I have a 6 year old who likes to go to game sites, some of which install spyware/malware
etc. He will click on anything, including adding Controls, which I might not want. I
don't mind him having access to programs or installing his game software. So, he does
need an Administrator account, but I'd like to keep him off the internet though. If I
create an Administrator account for him and in the Device Manger of HIS user profile,
disable the Network Adapter card (I have a cable connection), will that only disable the
Network Adapter in his user profile, but still make it available in mine?

G

Gordon

t.cruise said:
I have a 6 year old who likes to go to game sites, some of which install spyware/malware
etc. He will click on anything, including adding Controls, which I might not want. I
don't mind him having access to programs or installing his game software. So, he does
need an Administrator account, but I'd like to keep him off the internet though. If I
create an Administrator account for him and in the Device Manger of HIS user profile,
disable the Network Adapter card (I have a cable connection), will that only disable the

You would need to set up a second HARDWARE profile to do this.If you make
the default hardware profile the one with the LAN card disabled then he can
just boot up in the normal manner. When YOU boot up, choose the hardware
profile with the LAN card enabled.

HTH

P

Phil

Nope, won't work. Best thing to do with a child on the internet is to get a
program like Net Nanny and set it up to lock down the internet and monitor
his activities as you like.

M

Malke

Phil said:
Nope, won't work. Best thing to do with a child on the internet is to
get a program like Net Nanny and set it up to lock down the internet
and monitor his activities as you like.

I agree with T. Cruise about the Net Nanny, but I also want to say that
no, there is absolutely no reason that a 6-year old should be an
administrator. The parent can install whatever games the child needs
and the child can also be taught to not click on everything. My
children know not to click on anything and when in doubt, to get Mom to
show her before doing anything. A 6-year old is quite capable of
learning that.

Malke

N

NobodyMan

Why not just supervise his activities?

Ask a Question