Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Permanently?

John C.

Is there a way to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement permanently on
Vista x64 RTM? The only way I have been able to get my unsigned
drivers to load is to hit F8 and select it manually every time I
reboot.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

John C. said:
Is there a way to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement permanently on
Vista x64 RTM? The only way I have been able to get my unsigned
drivers to load is to hit F8 and select it manually every time I
reboot.

No.

John C.

VistaBootPro does have such an option, however it has no effect. I
think it worked prior to RTM.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello John,
No there is not a way to permanently disable the driver signing check for
Windows Vista X64.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: John C. <[email protected]>
<Subject: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Permanently?
<Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:34:31 -0500
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
<
<Is there a way to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement permanently on
<Vista x64 RTM? The only way I have been able to get my unsigned
<drivers to load is to hit F8 and select it manually every time I
<reboot.
<

Are you sure there is no way to enforce driver signing??? Cause ive somewhat
done it. Do This:
Open a command prompt as an administrator.
If you don't know how to do this, go to Start->All
Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt. Right-click it and select "Run as
administrator"
Run the following command: bcdedit /set testsigning on
You may need to substitute -set into the command

Now this is a AS IS post, im not too sure on what drawbacks it has, but i
was able to install that illusive Coxenent Audio driver as easy as pie. It
DOES disable driver enforcement!!! YAY!!! Ive used it for 2 months now with
NO problems. By the way im running RC1. But also dont use F8 option after
doing this. There is one drawback it though. It does put little "Test Mode"
icons on the 4 corners but like the build version already there it is not a
problem. Please let me know if this works for you, also if you dont like it
just change Testsigning ON for Off. Bye