direct 3d accelerator

Reaction score
Hey i have a game called Americas Army. I just installed a new hdd so all my programs are gone. I downloaded the game and it went fine. But when i go to play i get an message telling me to update my Direct3d Accelerator. Ihave tryed going to microsft.com and i downloaded the "directx_dec2005_redist", which is an update for directx, but it did not seem to update after i installed it. If anyone can tell me how to update my DIRECT3D ACCELERATOR i would much appreciate it. Thanks

Reaction score
Ok

What operating system are you running?

What graphics card do you have?
Are all the proper drivers for that card installed?

Have you installed the latest Direct X (presently at DX 9c)

Reaction score
i am running windows xp proffesional and i have downloaded directx9. i guess it is my graphics card that needs updating. I dont know though how to find what card i have. i looked in the dxdiag, and looked under devices but it syas all the info is unkown. I have a list of different graphis card updates, so if anyone can tell me how to find what card i have i could update it. I have a dell Dimension 8300, and i changed my hdd, but if the hdd has nothing to do with the graphics card, it will be the same as when i got the comp. So if u know what card usually comes with a dimension 8300 then u will know which card i have. If not, i would just like to know how to find out what card i have. thanks

Reaction score
I beleive you have a ATI 128Mb Radeon 9800 Pro

Confirm by right clicking on desktop

properties/settings/advanced/

a tab should appear with the name of your card on it

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i think u right on the card model, but the drivers ih have arnt workin, do u know how to update the graphics card

Reaction score
What do you mean update?

Replace and put another in ?

or change/update drivers for that particular card?

Reaction score
Just update the drivers to the lastest available.. goto www.ati.com and select drivers, follow the on screen instructions and you should be good to game ;)

Ask a Question