Digitally Signed DB Crashing

G

I have created a FE & BE db, purchased a digital certificate and signed the code through VB editor, digital signature etc

The problem I have is when I set the security to anything but low, the application crashes when opening the FE. I have signed both the FE and BE and can open the BE perfectly and the certificate displays as it should. The same if I create any new apps and sign them, the certificate displays

With my original FE it starts to load then crashes Access. As soon as I lower the security the application will load

I have tried removing the cert and resigning the code but the problem persists

Does anyone have any ideas what could be casuing this or how to solve it

Many thanks.

G

You will also run into problems if you digitally sign a database that has grouped items on any of the forms or reports. When you try to open the database after you sign it, the database is corrupt and it will not open. The "error message" tells you only that there is a problem that can be reported to Microsoft but no clue about what the problem is. The solution is to un-group the items before you sign the database

I have run into similar problems with identical functionality that works fine if I do it in VBA but will not work if I do the same thing in a macro.

G

Thanks for that, in fact it was the only item in the database that was grouped, so that was indeed the problem.

Ask a Question