digital camera

G

Hi
I'm thinking that there may be a wider problem with scanner & camera wizzard
I also have lost connection with my camera when I connect it to my pc.
Do you receive a message "usb device not recognized"
I have used the troubleshooting wizzard which showed that no driver exists for the camera. Apparently the driver is a universal driver for all plug in usb devices called "usbstor". I downloaded the driver from the net & installed it to no avail
I tried my camera on a friend's pc & it worked perfectly with camera & scanner wizzard
I then checked my scanner & this too doesn't work properly either with a lack of driver being the likely cause
My usb hub works ok with my mouse, zip drive & printer, it's just the camera & scanner
I've even reinstalled windows XP from the original disc to no avail (but did ask it to keep my personal settings which might be significant)
All I have done recently is to install windows updates through the windows update facility. I am wondering whether this could have a bearing
Has anyone else had similar problems & if so how did you overcome them. Also if anyone else could offer suggestions on where to go next I, and I'm sure others, would be very gratefu
Colin

Ask a Question