Diffrence between using a sqlserverCE and sqlClientCE

Raman Bhavaraju

Hi Guys!!

I am stuck on one thing!!.
I am using slqServerCE object to update my sql server 2000
database by using pull and push methods.
but i feel the same can be done with sqlclientCE object
also.Also sqlClientce gives me the additional facility of
using a command , adapter objects also.

Can anyone please let me know what is the diffrence that i
get in using them..the sqlServerCE object and sqlClientCE
object to update my sql server 2000 database.

Ben Albahari [MS]

I think you may already be doing things correctly. You need RDA (as you're
doing now) or Merge Replication to transfer data directly between SQL
Server CE and SQL Server Databases. The SqlCeDataAdapter class is used to
read and update data between SQL Server CE and a dataset , which is part of
ADO.NET.

Ben Albahari
.NET Compact Framework
Microsoft