Difficulty with Task Request form

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a Job Order based ona Task Request form.

The idea is that when I'm requested to do a job, in theory, being based on a Task Request form, the job and all the relevant detail will be added to My Tasks list.

I've used the P.2 pane to create my custom form, unhidden it and hidden the original Task pane. I've put in a Job Name box which I have linked to the Task Subject box and I have put in Start Date and Due Date which can be edited by the user but, by default, reads tomorrows date as the Start and a week tomorrow as the Due Date.

I've also added drop-down lists and text boxes for all the relevant information I will need to do the job.

I have two email addresses on the same PC, so to test the form out I've tried sending it from one email address to the other. It appears to work when sending, it then appears as a Task Request in the other Inbox, but when I try to open it I get a message "Can't open this item. Can't complete this operation. One or more parameters are not valid."

The same thing happens when I try to delete, accept or decline the task request.

I have noticed that, although I was basing it on a Task REQUEST, the form name appears as IPM.task.JobOrderForm ... shouldn't it be IPM.taskrequest.JobOrderForm?

I have saved the form as a template as well as publishing it into my Personal Library, so if anyone wants me to email it to them so they can have a proper look at it to work out what's wrong with it just let me know.

I am completely new to customising forms and I think I may have tried to run before I could walk!

Any help you can offer me would be very much appreciated!

UPDATE: I didn't think to check before but the tasks are appearing in my Task Menu and they seem to operate ok. However, the Task Requests that appear in my Inbox are still not functioning. Could this be to do with the form name being IPM.task ... does it mean that the form is sort of acting half as a Task form and half as a Task Request form? eg. if someone else was to fill this form in would it appear in THEIR Task List instead in mine?

I want it to be sent to me AND appear in my Task List. I don't necessarily need to be able to Accept or Decline requests ... I pretty much do whatever's asked of me anyway, so I may need to alter deadlines but I wouldn't ever have reason to Decline a request. Can you suggest any solutions?

Last edited:

Ask a Question