Did you know ?

Reaction score
Another of Madx's useless bits of information.

Did you know the little plastic/metal piece at the end of your shoe lace is called an "aglet or aiglet"

An aglet or aiglet is a small plastic or metal sheath typically found on each end of a shoelace, cord or drawstring. An aglet keeps the fibers of the lace or cord from unraveling, plus its firmness and narrow profile makes it both easier to hold and easier to feed through the eyelets, lugs, or other lacing guides.

source : Wiki

3:53am and I can't sleep again so I thoguht i'd give you this lil bit of useless information..
nod.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Did you know the little plastic/metal piece at the end of your shoe lace is called an "aglet or aiglet"

No, I did not know that.... but I do now :nod: ;) .... Not a bad idea for a whole thread of "did you knows" there's lots of interesting trivia out there :D

Reaction score
That would be a good idea, i'm always oming up with al kinds of cr*p. I quite like reading up about things people don't know...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Did you know?

I just wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this! lol
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
An atomic clock is accurate to within 1 second in 1,7 million years..... but have you ever wondered how anyone knows that? :p

The pin that holds a hinge together is called a pintle.
:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That little bit of skin that rests between your two naughty bits midway down your body, that part where our creator sewed us up after finishing, that little bit of no-mans-land, so to speak, where fluff and lint sometimes gather, is referred to in Colombia as 'Mingus'.

Why, I have no idea.

You all wanted to know that, didn't you? :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Quite a good album by Joni Mitchell aswell..

Joni is a true artist and everyone knows she is a great painter as well but did you know Joni was regarded as the best female guitarist as well?

In 2003 Rolling Stone named her the 72nd greatest guitarist of all time; she was the highest-ranked woman on the list

Source: Wikipedia