Dialog to set path

Lance Hoffmeyer

Hey all,

I can set a filename with

sFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename

Is there a similar way to set the path as a variable?

Currently I am using a command:

Set oDoc = oAPP.OpenDataDoc("C:\January\File.xls")

with a bunch of editting to File.xls

I would like to change this to

Set oDoc = oAPP.OpenDataDoc(strPATH + "File.xls")

where I have opened some sort of dialog to set the Path for the current month.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

Rick S.

I got this code from this newsgroup, just sharing, ;)

'=======
'Your sub here
sNewItem = InputBox(prompt:="Enter Entire Path for Folder Location!")
On Error Resume Next
Set Folder = oFSO.GetFolder(sNewItem) '"M:\Qadocs\IPI'S\Test Folder"
'do more code here
'======
This snippet from the above code, "M:\Qadocs\IPI'S\Test Folder" is a default
value, change it to whatever you may need.

HTH
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

Rick S.

The snippet I quoted is actually "rem" out, so do not use that protion.
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

Jim Cone

GetOpenFileName returns the path and the file name.
I have never seen your particular Open method used in Excel.
If oApp is an Excel application object then this might be more appropriate...

vFileName = oApp.GetOpenFilename()
If vFileName <> False Then oApp.Workbooks.Open vFileName
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA