Dialer.exe - I am actually trying to get dialer.exe to dial Excel cell phone numbers. I am using Exc

Steve Aa

Dialer.exe - I am actually trying to get dialer.exe to dial Excel cell phone
numbers. I am using Excel 97 on a XP Box.

Does anyone know how to get this code to work? Dialer.exe comes up and says
"The selected server is not responding. It might be down or temporarily
overloaded. To try again, click Refresh."

Clicking F5 (Refresh) produces the same comment above.

Here is the macro code I am using

Sub CellToDialer2()
' Transfers active cell contents to Dialer
' And then dials the phone

' Get the phone number
CellContents = ActiveCell.Value
If CellContents = "" Then
MsgBox "Select a cell that contains a phone number."
Exit Sub
End If

' Activate (or start) Dialer
AppName = "Dialer"
' AppFile = "Dialer.exe"
AppFile = "C:\Program Files\Windows NT\dialer.exe"

On Error Resume Next
AppActivate (AppName)
If Err <> 0 Then
Err = 0
TaskID = Shell(AppFile, 1)
If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "Can't start " & AppFile
End If

' Transfer cell contents to Dialer
Application.SendKeys "%n" & CellContents, True

' Click Dial button
Application.SendKeys "%d"
' Application.SendKeys "{TAB}~", True
End Sub