Developers get last laugh at pirates

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For once its not the pirates laughing at the game developers and publishers as they download their torrents.

http://www.destructoid.com/drm-we-can-back-humiliating-pirates-for-fun-and-profit-169383.phtml

A fake trojan has been released online, hiding within a fake installer for Cross Days. Once installed, the trojan will then gather data from the pirate's computer and poses a fake survey for the player to fill out. Once the survey is done and the program is finished gathering data, everything is posted to a public Web site, alongside a screenshot of the "victim's" desktop.

While not really DRM as such, its certainly in the right direction compared to Ubisoft's as it only effects the pirates and not the paying customers who went out and bought it. It does seem kinda creepy to me the way that they've done it but they were pirates and it was in the EULA so ha! Serves them right. :)

Also some of the results of it here ****warning crazy Japanese website****

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They are dependent on the pirates filling in the survey though, not something I'd imagine many would do, although from the results at that link, perhaps I'm wrong.

I sometimes wonder just what the Japanese obsession is with manga, schoolgirls and all the women having to cry their eyes out if you just so much as look at them. Strange.

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence :)

Ask a Question