Developer Extensions & Jet 4.0 SP8

Val

Hi,

I think I have two problems. First I've downloaded MS Jet
4.0 service Pack 8 but I'm not convinced that my PC is
recognized it has been installed. I open MS Access 2003
on Win XP OS go to Help, About and System Info, Software,
Access... Jet 2.6 is recognized, 3.5 no value and 4.0
isn't listed. When I do a find in the registry is see
occurances of Jet 4.0 all over. I think it's just MS
Access that doesn't see it.

How can I tell?

Second I have the MS Access Developers Extensions... I ran
the Package Wizard. When I install and run the runtime
version of my .mdb it tells me I need to install the MS
Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8. Is this true that every PC that
runs this program will need to download the latest Jet or
is it because my PC appears to be a bit confused?

Any pointers would be helpful, I've been pulling my hair
out and can't find any reference to these problems.

Petrucci2000

| From: "Val" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Val" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Developer Extensions & Jet 4.0 SP8
| Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:39:59 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
|
| Hi,
|
| I think I have two problems. First I've downloaded MS Jet
| 4.0 service Pack 8 but I'm not convinced that my PC is
| recognized it has been installed. I open MS Access 2003
| on Win XP OS go to Help, About and System Info, Software,
| Access... Jet 2.6 is recognized, 3.5 no value and 4.0
| isn't listed. When I do a find in the registry is see
| occurances of Jet 4.0 all over. I think it's just MS
| Access that doesn't see it.
|
| How can I tell?
|
| Second I have the MS Access Developers Extensions... I ran
| the Package Wizard. When I install and run the runtime
| version of my .mdb it tells me I need to install the MS
| Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8. Is this true that every PC that
| runs this program will need to download the latest Jet or
| is it because my PC appears to be a bit confused?
|
| Any pointers would be helpful, I've been pulling my hair
| out and can't find any reference to these problems.

How to tell if JET 4.0 Service Pack 8 is installed:
- look for the file "MsJet40.dll" in the folder
c:\windows\system32 OR c:\WinNT\system32

- right click the file and select properties

- on the version tab you should see 4.0.8xxxx, if not then
Service Pack was not installed

Get the download from
How To: Obtain the Latest Service Pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database
Engine
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239114

After applying reboot your computer to be on the safe side and re-check the
version of MsJET40.dll

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

Petrucci2000

| From: "Val" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Val" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Developer Extensions & Jet 4.0 SP8
| Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:39:59 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
|
| Hi,
|
| I think I have two problems. First I've downloaded MS Jet
| 4.0 service Pack 8 but I'm not convinced that my PC is
| recognized it has been installed. I open MS Access 2003
| on Win XP OS go to Help, About and System Info, Software,
| Access... Jet 2.6 is recognized, 3.5 no value and 4.0
| isn't listed. When I do a find in the registry is see
| occurances of Jet 4.0 all over. I think it's just MS
| Access that doesn't see it.
|
| How can I tell?
|
| Second I have the MS Access Developers Extensions... I ran
| the Package Wizard. When I install and run the runtime
| version of my .mdb it tells me I need to install the MS
| Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8. Is this true that every PC that
| runs this program will need to download the latest Jet or
| is it because my PC appears to be a bit confused?
|
| Any pointers would be helpful, I've been pulling my hair
| out and can't find any reference to these problems.

In answer to your 2nd issue no they won't need to have Service Pack 8.
They will be using the Access Runtime version --- unless they open your MDB
using full version of Access and not the shortcut created with your Runtime
application

Val

| I think I have two problems. First I've downloaded MS Jet
| 4.0 service Pack 8 but I'm not convinced that my PC is
| recognized it has been installed. I open MS Access 2003
| on Win XP OS go to Help, About and System Info, Software,
| Access... Jet 2.6 is recognized, 3.5 no value and 4.0
| isn't listed. When I do a find in the registry is see
| occurances of Jet 4.0 all over. I think it's just MS
| Access that doesn't see it.
|
| How can I tell?
|
| Second I have the MS Access Developers Extensions... I ran
| the Package Wizard. When I install and run the runtime
| version of my .mdb it tells me I need to install the MS
| Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8. Is this true that every PC that
| runs this program will need to download the latest Jet or
| is it because my PC appears to be a bit confused?
|
| Any pointers would be helpful, I've been pulling my hair
| out and can't find any reference to these problems.

How to tell if JET 4.0 Service Pack 8 is installed:
- look for the file "MsJet40.dll" in the folder
c:\windows\system32 OR c:\WinNT\system32

- right click the file and select properties

- on the version tab you should see 4.0.8xxxx, if not then
Service Pack was not installed

Get the download from
How To: Obtain the Latest Service Pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database
Engine
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;239114

After applying reboot your computer to be on the safe side and re-check the
version of MsJET40.dll

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03 -026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

.
I'm happy to say that the MsJet40.dll is in my
c:\windows\system32 folder and I have rebooted multiple
times. So if that is the case why when I open a mdb in MS
Access 2003 do I still get the macro security warning? I
have my secuity setting to Medium.