Desktop icon's drop shadow doesn't work

kimiraikkonen

Hello,
I have XP SP2 Pro with necessary updates. I have an interesting
problem:

By default "'use drop shadows for icon labels'' is enabled and i have
NO web or active desktop related items or no locked web-item on
desktop as icon. (checked).

The problem is: if I refresh desktop, drop shadow of icons comes back.
If i click any of icon or open/close some window(i mean, if i use
system), drop shadows are lost!...

I have no idea. I'm using the latest VGA driver for my NVIDIA card,
however i noticed that happened after installing official Nvidia
drivers (has control panel, but nothing about that problem) or i came
accross who knows.

I'll give 5 ratings who solves that problem :)

Look at screenshot which describes:

http://aycu04.webshots.com/image/34723/2002481511922673052_rs.jpg

Thanks.

Robert Jacobs

It might be your advanced performance options. Right click on My
Computer. go to the Advanced tab and click on Settings under
Performance. Click on the radio button next to Adjust For Best
Appearance and see if this problem goes away (this could drop your
performance just a little depending on your computer)

kimiraikkonen

It might be your advanced performance options. Right click on My
Computer. go to the Advanced tab and click on Settings under
Performance. Click on the radio button next to Adjust For Best
Appearance and see if this problem goes away (this could drop your
performance just a little depending on your computer)

When i select "adjust for best performance" every checkboxes are
cleared as well. If i let Windows to do it, every checkboxes is
selected. So your recommandation makes no sense. I want drop shadows
displayed.

kimiraikkonen

Select let windows do it and then remove X from drop shadows."kimiraikkonen" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Look, it seems i couldn't tell enough clear. When i let Windows do it,
drop shadows is enabled but the problem still exist exactly as i
stated in my first message. Drop shadows disappear when you click on a
desktop icon or refresh desktop or open some windows.

None of the solutions fixed it though.