Desktop icons disappeared

One of our users's desktop icons suddenly all disappeared and could not bring
back even rebooted a few times but I could see under her user profile in
Windows explorer. I can see icons when I login the PC. Does anyone know what
need to be done to get them back?

NewScience

Right click on the desktop and see if Show Desktop Icons is set on/off.
If marked on and Icons no available, Control Panel | Display | Desktop Tab |
Customize Desktop... | Web Tab
Make sure Lock is off.

Ayush

What this means :
I can see icons when I login the PC

See if your shell folders path is correct :
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

: One of our users's desktop icons suddenly all disappeared and could not
bring
: back even rebooted a few times but I could see under her user profile in
: Windows explorer. I can see icons when I login the PC. Does anyone know
what
: need to be done to get them back?

Ayush

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline."

That link was really from Ramesh, thats why the thing above is in my
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
: What this means :
: I can see icons when I login the PC
:
: See if your shell folders path is correct :
: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm
:
: --
: Regards,
:
: Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
: Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.
:
: --
: > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
:
: For any query, search > www.Google.com
: Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
:
:
: :: One of our users's desktop icons suddenly all disappeared and could not
: bring
:: back even rebooted a few times but I could see under her user profile in
:: Windows explorer. I can see icons when I login the PC. Does anyone know
: what
:: need to be done to get them back?
:
:

1) the user logged in the PC, she could not right click and there was no any
icons shown up on the desktop.
2) When I logged in ---means using a different user profile

Ayush said:
What this means :
I can see icons when I login the PC

See if your shell folders path is correct :
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

: One of our users's desktop icons suddenly all disappeared and could not
bring
: back even rebooted a few times but I could see under her user profile in
: Windows explorer. I can see icons when I login the PC. Does anyone know
what
: need to be done to get them back?

We use a group policy so user cannot change or modify their desktop
background and Web tab disabled or removed for evreybody.
We only have Themes, desktop, screen saver, Appearance, settings
When I click desktop --customize --only see General tab.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!