Design Mode problem

Reaction score
I have an Access 2002 database that has suddenly developed an unusual problem: for forms in design mode, I can no longer right mouse click on a tab control to get the menu to add pages, etc. When the mouse is over the control, the mouse pointer turns to a hand.

I've created a new Access db, and everything works fine. In the problematic file, the behavior occurs on all forms, even new ones, so I don't think it is a form property; it seems global. Yet on the other hand other mdb files work, so it isn't an issue of Access settings, registry changes, or system settings. It appears local to one .mdb file (and restarting Access on that file produces the same behavior).

I wouldn't know how to customize design view like this if I *wanted* to; and I'd rather not have to rebuild everything (e.g. via export/import). Has anyone seen this behavior?

Ask a Question