Deleting rows in a workbook though all coresponding sheets

G

I have created a excel work book for estimating. The front sheet is the Master sheet and all info is input on it. The sheets behind it are, Trade and retail quotes( same as front sheet but with all the sensitive info columns removed) There is a check list (products quanties, product source and delivery details) and a fitters copy, (product list, quantities, and fit price
All fromulas are on the master sheet and are 'absolute fromulas'
What I want to do is add or remove rows on the master sheet and at the same time remove or add rows to the coresponding sheets behind. When adding rows I also want the formulas in the 'filled cells to be continued. At present I have 20 rows within each section with all relavant fromulas. this makes the document over long and would like to start with 1 row and apply rows including the formulas as they are required, but these rows would need to carry through each sheet of the work book automatically.

G

Well, if you click on the first Worksheet name (on the sheet tab beneath the cells-sheet 1, by default), then hold down shift and click on the last sheet you'd like to include, this will Group the Worksheets allowing you to then Insert or Delete Rows or Columns to all the selected sheets
As for automatically bringing down the formulas, I'd just use the fill handle to pull them down to the new cells, but you could probably use VBA. Did you post in the programming list

Remember to DeSelect the Group before you try to do something you only want on one sheet. Right Click on a Sheet tab and choose Ungroup Sheets

tj

G

Thank you for your sugestion, that works fine so long as you want to delete the same number row across the workbook
My back sheets are condensed version of the master, so the corisponding data isn't always on the same row.
My back sheets have been 'copied' and 'special paste (Paste link
I have found I can filter each work sheet but can'f filet the whole workbook in one action. If filtering is the answer then I only need to filter rows with #REF! in them ( the ones that have lost the link with the front page when a row in the front page is delete

Thanks once again for any advic

Dave

Ask a Question