Deleting MS Works

Reaction score
MS Works was preinstalled on my PC, however I now have MS Office, so want to get rid of Works, which takes up between 280MB and 500MB (the first figure is that shown in the Add/remove programs list, the second is per Explorer - why such a big difference?).
Anyway, I realise that I should use Add/remove to delete Works, otherwise bits of programming associated with Works gets left on the PC. However, I want to keep a copy of Works on a CD in case I want to use it in the future (for example, the database application looks potentially useful). Can I just copy the MS Works folder in Explorer to CD? I suspect it is more involved than that. How would I be able to instal Works in the future from the CD? Just by copying the folder to Explorer? I have a feeling this would not work as I will have deleted from my PC more than I will have copied to CD.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Ask a Question