Subject: deleting files
From: "Casey" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 2/17/2004 4:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

When I try to delete files I get the message:

Cannot delete XXXX: Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and
that the file is not currently in use.

Ok, I did all that and still can't delete the file.
Any suggestions??
I don't know if this will work in every situation, but I have had good luck
deleting "undeletable" .avi files by rebooting and changing the extension to
..txt. It will then delete ...on my XP Pro System.

Good Luck,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Casey

John. Thanks for your help. I did try what you
suggested, however, I can only delete one file at a
time. I have to reboot, go in, delete, reboot, delete,
etc. Can be very cumbersome if you have a lot of files.
But it works!

John Ski

Subject: Re: deleting files
From: "Casey" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 2/17/2004 6:39 PM Eastern Standard Time

John. Thanks for your help. I did try what you
suggested, however, I can only delete one file at a
time. I have to reboot, go in, delete, reboot, delete,
etc. Can be very cumbersome if you have a lot of files.
But it works!
There is a more complicated method outlined on Kelly Theriot's Site
www.kellys-corner-xp.com/xp.htm . It's under XP A-Z, look for AVI Remove. This
may actually be easier if you have many files to get rid of.

Cheers,

From: "Casey" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 2/17/2004 4:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

When I try to delete files I get the message:

Cannot delete XXXX: Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and
that the file is not currently in use.

Ok, I did all that and still can't delete the file.
Any suggestions??
Sorry I spelled Kelly's URL wrong. It's www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm . I
think I need a nap!<G>