Delete files on web server by FTP

Reaction score
Greetings all & thanks in advance!
I have been using Dev Ashish FTP Internet transfer library to up load files to a server (these relate to are holiday rental properties and have each 4 pics.) I would like to remove some pics as the properties are removed (a delimited text file is sent which includes only current properties).
At the moment this is acheived by building in code a .mcr (macro file for CuteFTP) and then having cuteFTP delete the unwanted files, this does work but its clumsy and requires the instalation of CuteFTP.....so my question is

Does anyone know how to add a file delete to the FTP library. Apparently ftp.exe does have a delete file facility but I cannot figure out how to implement it....my knowledge of Class modules and API call is...well er....slender!

I found this: CODEPrivate Declare Function FtpDeleteFile Lib "wininet.dll"
Alias "FtpDeleteFileA" _
(ByVal hFtpSession As Long, ByVal lpszFileName As String) As Boolean

No idea tho how to use this, or to find the hFtpSession values....or to pass it the Path / filename.

Thanks everyone!

Zocker

Ask a Question