Windows XP Degreesª Minutes' Seconds"

Reaction score
I am working navigation data and cannot find an adequate format for working with Degrees, Minutes and Seconds.
To date I have creates Custom format 000ª 00' 00";-000º 00' 00" and several variations to include N,S,E and West All calculations (adding and substracting) seems to work reasonably well except that I do not know how to make Seconds and Minutes roll over at 60' as happens in Time.

I have managed to limit the totals to 360º or +180 / -180º as needed.

Time format does not work because time does not allow "Negative input" nor will it give me a negative return as in -37ª00'00" which to me is 37ª South. It is also very cumbersome when entering figures as you have to enter 00:00:01 to get an input of 1 second whereas my custom format will accept 1 as a second, 215 as 2' 15"

Any help out there? or even any interest....I can forward further details to anybody who wants to take up the challenge...
Ta, Chuck

Reaction score
Thanks to all

happywave.gif

I found a way around it which although still a bit hungry on formulae, works for me.....

If anybody has a problem with this I am willing to share the aquired knjowledge..

Regards, Chuck D.

Ask a Question