Defrag leaving large fragged files. Wassup?

G

On running defrag, I'm left with increasing # and size of 'unable to defrag' files. They are listed as C:\found.001 through 018, and are as large as 1GB in size. They don't show up in explorer, nor thru search. Using good ol DOS prompt, was able to determine that they are definately there. Can I fix them, or get rid of them, and if so, how. Don't want to destroy data, but have no idea how to ascertain whats in them
Thanx

G

I finally heard of and downloaded a file from "Sequoia" that allows you access to ALL files on the drive in a graphics format. By using it, I was able to explore all the 'Found' files, all of which were full of .chk files. These I know are not useable, and was actually able to see the contents of the individual files. After removing them, I freed up about 30% of my drive, and hav had no ill results. I am constantly updating and running 'Stinger', 'ad-aware' and 'spybot' and do find sneaky little data miners creeping in.
Thanx for the suggestions

D

david

This program sound interesting. Sequoia? Do you have an address or a name.
Google has lots of hits for Sequoia, Sequoia software, and so on.

David

desmo900 said:
I finally heard of and downloaded a file from "Sequoia" that allows you
access to ALL files on the drive in a graphics format. By using it, I was
able to explore all the 'Found' files, all of which were full of .chk files.
These I know are not useable, and was actually able to see the contents of
the individual files. After removing them, I freed up about 30% of my
drive, and hav had no ill results. I am constantly updating and running
'Stinger', 'ad-aware' and 'spybot' and do find sneaky little data miners
creeping in.

Ask a Question