Default value for an excel formula

Reg

Hi,

I am trying to work out a way to set a default value for a cell if the value
from a formula returned is too low.

For example: I am using a very basic formula to calculate square metres from
panel dimensions and the another formula to calculate the cost to paint these
panels.

Sometimes the panels are quite small and the value returned in the cost
column becomes artificially low (even though the formula is working correctly
the value shown will not cover my labour costs.)

Therefore I need excel to look at the formulated value and if it is below,
lets say 20, then it would automatically return a value of 20.

Hoping someone can help me with this problem.

Thank-you.

Fred Smith

You want the Max function, as in:

=Max(Yourformula,20)

This will return the maximum of the two numbers. If the result of
Yourformula is less than 20, Max will return 20.

Regards,
Fred.

Jim Cone

=IF(B2*D2<20,20,B2*D2)