Declare Error

David Webb

Hi,

I found the following snippet of code in a form on the Open NETCF
site. When I add a new class and paste the code, it is having a hiccup
on the Declare word, after Private Shared statement. It says "Shared
is not valid on a Declare". This is probably simple so could someone
please point me in the right direction? I'm hoping this is an easy
solution to play a wave file.

Using VS.NET 2003, CF (VB.NET)

Regards,

David.

Imports System
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Namespace InTheHand

Public Class Sound

Public Shared Sub Play(ByVal FileName As String)
Dim hResult As Integer = PlaySoundW(FileName, 0, 0)
End Sub 'Play

'playsound
Private Shared Declare Function PlaySoundW Lib "coredll.dll"
Alias "PlaySoundW" _
(ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Integer, ByVal
dwFlags As Integer) As Integer

End Class 'Sound

End Namespace 'InTheHand

Jay Abbott [msft]

"Shared" is implied when using Declare. Remove it from your code below and you should be set.