Debugging Class Library

G

Created an ASP.NET Http handler using VB.NET per the example (#307997) -- Works fine running on a server. Now trying to debug the class. Followed MSDN's Debugging Preparation: Class Library, Invoke the Calling Application at a URL, to debug the class in the project folder. When I hit F5 (Debug Start) the program runs but instead of stopping at a debugging point it prints a copy of the program into an Explorer window. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

G

Thanks for the help

After changing the setting you recommended, F5 result in an error of: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." Have plenty of disk space and ram on this machine

Three observations since posting this reques

1. Per MSDN example for "Start URL" based debugging, I have the URL pointing to "MyHandler.vb". However, the handler actually handles URL's with ".sync" extensions

2. The .bin dll showing in the virtual directory runs fine. IIS is pointed to the virtual directory

3. The web.config file in the project folder is not being used when the program starts debugging. It is using the .config file in the virtual directory. Checked by writing errors in the .config file.

Ask a Question