Debugging aspnet_wp.exe

G

We have a IIS5 intranet server hosting a number of asp.net applications.

We are suffering severe performance problems with the server, over a number of hours the CPU usage gradually climbs to the point where it almost permentantly at 100%. The memory usage of the aspnet_wp.exe process gradually climbs, when the CPU usage hits about 100% the aspnet_wp.exe process is normally using at least half of the available physical memory on the server

We clearly have a problem with one (or more) asp.net applications, but I am struggling to work out how I can determine what asp.net applications are active at any given time

Does anyone know of any tools, techniques etc that I can use to look into the aspnet_wp process and see what is actually doing

S

Scott

I would start with perfmon; there are quite a few ASP.NET objects that you can watch. Take a close
look at sessions, and application caching.

Scott

Richard said:
We have a IIS5 intranet server hosting a number of asp.net applications.

We are suffering severe performance problems with the server, over a number of hours the CPU usage
gradually climbs to the point where it almost permentantly at 100%. The memory usage of the
aspnet_wp.exe process gradually climbs, when the CPU usage hits about 100% the aspnet_wp.exe process
is normally using at least half of the available physical memory on the server.
We clearly have a problem with one (or more) asp.net applications, but I am struggling to work out
how I can determine what asp.net applications are active at any given time.
Does anyone know of any tools, techniques etc that I can use to look into the aspnet_wp process
and see what is actually doing?

Ask a Question