Debug Problem - There is no source code available for the current location

G

While debugging my VB.NET application, I get to a certain point and get an error message pop up saying:

There is no source code available for the current location

I have searched the MS Knowledge base and found the article 318367 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318367) which refers to this problem and suggests making a change to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0.

I have completed this change (even though I am using VS.Net 2003, which according to MS, this bug has been fixed).

However I am STILL getting this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Any idea's as to what I can do to correct this?
Any help would be VERY gratefully appreciated

H

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Richard said:
While debugging my VB.NET application, I get to a certain point and get an error message pop up saying:

There is no source code available for the current location

Post the complete exception text.
I have searched the MS Knowledge base and found the article 318367 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318367) which refers to this problem and suggests making a change to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0.

I have completed this change (even though I am using VS.Net 2003, which according to MS, this bug has been fixed).

However I am STILL getting this problem.

When using a library without having its source code (like
"System.Windows.Forms.dll") you cannot show the source code if the
exception occurs in one of its classes/methods.

S

scorpion53061

Are you using a module or Sub Main to start your application? If so, there
may be an error in an event that occured during the next form that arrived.
IN my experience this is when this error occured.

Ask a Question