DCOM entry in event viewer

Jay

Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server using
DefaultLaunchPermssion. The server is:
{00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
The user is ANONYMOUS LOGON/NT AUTHORITY, SID=S-1-5-7.

There are quite a lot of these in a short space of time with intervals of
either 1 or 3 minutes.
Most of the time the user is N/A but as you can see from above it can also
be anon.
What gives?
Is my firewall blocking something? Is someone trying to get in?

Sriram.V

Hi Jay

I would like to go through the follwing article which talks about the same
error message. The backup operator does not have sufficient permissions to
start the scheduled task when another user is interactively logged on.

There are couple of resolution to this issue

1. chedule the backup job to run under an administrators credentials
2. Use the Dcomcnfg.exe program to grant backup operators launch
permissions for Removable Storage Manager:
Start Dcomcnfg.exe, and click Component Services. Click Computers, click My
Computer, and then click DCOM config.
Right-click Removable Storage Manager, and then click Properties.
On the Security tab, click Edit under Launch Permissions, and then add the
backup operators group

Thank you
Sriram.V

(e-mail address removed)