Dave Patrick or anyone...help me remove NetMeeting from my machine

eXistenZ

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version: 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
Internet Explorer: v 6.0.2800.1106
Outlook Express: v 6.0.2800.1106
Posted to:
Microsoft.public.win2000.general

I thought this may be a registry problem
so I'm posting here too.

My problem:
I wanted to * completely* remove NetMeeting
from my machine and followed the instructions from:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q267958

This seemed to work as some files were removed.
On reboot a message popped up informing me that
NetMeeting had been removed.
But the folder still exists in C Program Files with the
following.....
callcont.dll
cb32.exe
conf.exe
confmrsl.dll
dcap32.dll
h323cc.dll
mst120.dll
mst123.dll
nac.dll
nmas.dll
nmasnt.dll
nmchat.dll
nmcom.dll
nmft.dll
nmoldwb.dll
nmwb.dll
rrcm.dll
wb32.exe

When I try to delete this folder I get:
"Cannot delete NetMeeting.
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use"

Can anyone help me ?

Dave Patrick

If you're sure you don't need these files you can delete them from the RC.

First you'll need to Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security Policy
Recovery console: "Allow floppy copy and access to all drives/folders" set
to enabled

To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. At
the "Welcome to Setup" screen. Press F10 or R to repair a Windows 2000
installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The Recovery
Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do not have
the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
Console quits and restarts the computer. Note If the registry is corrupted
or missing or no valid installations are found, the Recovery Console starts
in the root of the startup volume without requiring a password. You cannot
access any folders, but you can carry out commands such as chkdsk, fixboot,
and fixmbr for limited disk repairs. Once the password has been validated,
you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access to the hard
disk. You can only access the following folders on your computer: drive
root, %systemroot% or %windir%

Then from the recovery console command line;
SET allowallpaths = TRUE

to gain access to all folders and try deleting from here.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
| Version: 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
| Internet Explorer: v 6.0.2800.1106
| Outlook Express: v 6.0.2800.1106
| -------------------------------------------
| Posted to:
| Microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| I thought this may be a registry problem
| so I'm posting here too.
|
| My problem:
| I wanted to * completely* remove NetMeeting
| from my machine and followed the instructions from:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q267958
|
| This seemed to work as some files were removed.
| On reboot a message popped up informing me that
| NetMeeting had been removed.
| But the folder still exists in C Program Files with the
| following.....
| callcont.dll
| cb32.exe
| conf.exe
| confmrsl.dll
| dcap32.dll
| h323cc.dll
| mst120.dll
| mst123.dll
| nac.dll
| nmas.dll
| nmasnt.dll
| nmchat.dll
| nmcom.dll
| nmft.dll
| nmoldwb.dll
| nmwb.dll
| rrcm.dll
| wb32.exe
|
| When I try to delete this folder I get:
| "Cannot delete NetMeeting.
| There has been a sharing violation.
| The source or destination file may be in use"
|
| Can anyone help me ?

eXistenZ

Thankyou Dave.
For a relative novice with this kind of thing
I can live with the NetMeeting folder.
I assume it won't harm my machine to have it ?

Thanks again.
________

eXistenZ
________

Dave Patrick said:
> [...]

| following.....
| callcont.dll
| cb32.exe
| conf.exe
| confmrsl.dll
| dcap32.dll
| h323cc.dll
| mst120.dll
| mst123.dll
| nac.dll
| nmas.dll
| nmasnt.dll
| nmchat.dll
| nmcom.dll
| nmft.dll
| nmoldwb.dll
| nmwb.dll
| rrcm.dll
| wb32.exe
|
| When I try to delete this folder I get:
| "Cannot delete NetMeeting.
| There has been a sharing violation.
| The source or destination file may be in use"

Dave Patrick

That's the way I'd go. Leaver B.