Date Format

G

I am located in Australia and my PC Regional Option is set as dd/mm/yyyy short date format. I receive reports from a US based system that generates an Excel spreadsheet output. This report has a number of date & time fields which are in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format.

Through my browser access to the system the report is generated in html and I save it as an .xls file. The resultant worksheet interprets the dates as dd/mm/yyyy so that all fields where dd < 12 the cell is in date format but with day and month reversed and where dd > 12 the cell does not recognise it as a valid date format.

I have not found a way of transposing the mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy that does not involve cell by cell delete and retype of the mm/dd numbers in the required order. Neither changing my Regional Option to US format or changing the cell format to US has the desired effect. I have also tried saving the report in html and copy the date to a preformatted US date cell but this does not work either.

Is there a function or formular that will resolve this problem?

N

Norman Harker

Hi Russell!

Various ways

Change your date system to US.
Import your data
Change the date setting to Australia.

Import all as text
Select the column
You can use Data > Text to Columns
Delimited
Next