DataGrid display problem?

G

I am having a problem with the way my DataGrid displays when a column header is clicked on to sort the records (AllowSorting="True"). When the column name is clicked, a white background appears behind the column name. Also, if the column name has two words, if they were displayed one on top of the other, they now are displayed on one line and the border will not collapse.

This behavior does not appear in Netscape or Mozilla or Opera, just IE.

So my question is why would the display of the header name change when clicked to sort?

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" rules="all" bordercolor="#0066CC" border="1" id="MainGrid" style="border-color:#0066CC;border-width:1px;border-style:solid;font-family:Verdana;font-size:7pt;width:628px;border-collapse:collapse;">

<tr align="Center" style="color:White;background-color:#4C94DB;font-size:7pt;font-weight:bold;height:10px;">

<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl0','')" style="color:White;">Type</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl1','')" style="color:White;">ID</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl2','')" style="color:White;">ItemId</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl3','')" style="color:White;">Title</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl4','')" style="color:White;">High Bidder</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl5','')" style="color:White;">Price</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl6','')" style="color:White;">Qty Sold</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl7','')" style="color:White;">EndTime</a></td>

</tr>

I know this is a strange problem, but any help would be most graciously accepted.

C

Cor Ligthert

Hi Stanley,

Did you know that there are newsgroups
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
and
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridcontrol

Crossposting (one message to both newsgroups) will probably give you the
best result

I hope this helps?

Cor

Ask a Question