database questions

G

I have a table named STAFF and another table named STAFF PROFILE i have a relationship by a field called STAFF ID. This database is to track TRAINING for each staff memeber. I made a form that puts all the fields from both tables. I have a combox on the form that i can select which training they had. My problem is When i want to select a different training from the combo box it just changes my last entry. I need to keep records of each training on the date it happened.

J

John Vinson

I have a table named STAFF and another table named STAFF PROFILE i have a relationship by a field called STAFF ID. This database is to track TRAINING for each staff memeber. I made a form that puts all the fields from both tables. I have a combox on the form that i can select which training they had. My problem is When i want to select a different training from the combo box it just changes my last entry. I need to keep records of each training on the date it happened.

Which table contains TRAINING? I think you may need a third table: if
you have a table of STAFF and a table of TRAINING COURSES, you will
need a third table to resolve the many to many relationship (many
staff will take Tabledesign, and each staff will take many training
courses). This third table should have the StaffID, the date trained,
and the TrainingID, and you would display it in a Subform on the staff
form. To enter a training episode for a person you'ld add a new record
on the subform, selecting the training ID from the combo and typing in
the date.

Ask a Question