Database Import Duplicate Issue

Reaction score
Morning all,

Newly registered to the forums, but been a browser for a while now.

I need help with a query I have. I have tried search as normal, but I can't quite find what I need.

Here it goes,

I have a table that has 3 main feilds for this query, they are Account Number, Date, and Result

I have a master file that is daily imported into a seperate table and then appends new records not found on the master table. This works great.

However, we need to keep a log of all results that come back, per account. The outcome can be 'not completed' 5 times before a 'completed' outcome is gained.

My question is, I have changed the query to import if the Result 'Is Not Null', but it is not working correctly. The original query imported if 'Accout Number' is null on a Left Join query, so to have the Account Number as null OR the result as not null is appending the records correctly, however everytime it imports I get a new record for the same account if the result is blank.

I hope this makes sense, it been blagging my head for days now.

Thanks,
Steve

P.s. Sorry about the writing how I talk scenarion :)

Ask a Question