Data Validation In-Cell Dropdown has Suddenly Stopped being Displa

G

I have a multiple Worksheet Excel File with a curious problem on one
Worksheet Only where the In-Cell Dropdown has suddenly stopped being
Displayed for All the Cells that have Data Validation enabled.

I have tried to reassign the Data Validation Format again and again, I have
checked that the In-Cell Dropdown Check Box is selected, I have tried to use
the ‘Format Painter’ command from another similar Worksheet however, I have
not been able to solve this problem.

Could someone please tell me where I am going wrong?

H

Héctor Miguel

hi, Brett Fish !
I have a multiple Worksheet Excel File with a curious problem on one Worksheet Only
where the In-Cell Dropdown has suddenly stopped being Displayed for All the Cells that have Data Validation enabled.
I have tried to reassign the Data Validation Format again and again, I have checked that the In-Cell Dropdown Check Box is selected,
I have tried to use the Format Painter command from another similar Worksheet however, I have not been able to solve this problem.

and/or... tools > options > view [tab] > objects [section] > hide all [see if checked-on]
and/or... [somehow like a macro] deleted shapes [validation dropdown included] on 'that' worksheet [so...]
and/or... [somehow] 'that' worksheet has corrupted

[maybe] you will need to re-create 'the worksheet' [and delete corrupted one]

hth,
hector.

G

Thanks for your help Héctor.

What I ended up doing was opening the file with the Open the 'Open & Repair'
Option found by clicking on the 'Arrow' next to the Open Button in the Open
Dialog Box.
--
Thanks please help!

Héctor Miguel said:
hi, Brett Fish !
I have a multiple Worksheet Excel File with a curious problem on one Worksheet Only
where the In-Cell Dropdown has suddenly stopped being Displayed for All the Cells that have Data Validation enabled.
I have tried to reassign the Data Validation Format again and again, I have checked that the In-Cell Dropdown Check Box is selected,
I have tried to use the Format Painter command from another similar Worksheet however, I have not been able to solve this problem.

and/or... tools > options > view [tab] > objects [section] > hide all [see if checked-on]
and/or... [somehow like a macro] deleted shapes [validation dropdown included] on 'that' worksheet [so...]
and/or... [somehow] 'that' worksheet has corrupted

hth,
hector.

H

Héctor Miguel

hi, Brett !
What I ended up doing was opening the file with the Open the 'Open & Repair' Option
found by clicking on the 'Arrow' next to the Open Button in the Open Dialog Box.

if even doing so, can't put back data validation' drop down buttons on that sheet
AFAIK, when a sheet has corrupted that much, there is no human power to restore it, so...

if any doubt [or further information]... would you please comment ?
regards,
hector.

Ask a Question