Data Providers not listed in Visual Studio

MoSingh

I have installed Visual C# 2008 and the dotnet framework 3.5 and also
downloaded and installed MDAC_TYP.EXE version 2.8.
But yet when i go to visualstudio and try to make a new connection I only
see 3 providers. All 3 are SQL Server, the default is "Microsoft SQLServer
COMPACT Edition" and one is SQL Server data file.
Is there something else I need to do to make Visual Studio see other
providers?

William Vaughn \(MVP\)

Are you saying that you don't see the Access or Oracle providers? What is in
the drop-down list shown in the Create Connection dialog? What version of VS
are you using? Express has limited provider support from the IDE.

William R. Vaughn
President and Founder Beta V Corporation
Author, Mentor, Dad, Grandpa
Microsoft MVP
(425) 556-9205 (Pacific time)
Hitchhiker’s Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)
http://betav.com http://betav.com/blog/billva

"MoSingh" <mlamba_at_reba_international.com.(reba international is one
word)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...