Data from other source into Access Database

• Thread starter Curt Broyles via .NET 247
  • Start date
C

Curt Broyles via .NET 247

I have an application that loads a dataset from an storedprocedure out of an Informix database. The application needs totake the filled dataset and dump data into an Access database sothe user can then use the Access database for other uses, makingthe Access database portable.

Because I have loaded the dataset the rowstate shows unchanged inturn not allowing a data adapter to perform an insert statementinto the connected Access Database.

Does anyone know of a method of taking a loaded dataset andpushing the data into Access without actually looping throughthe dataset and doing an insert into Access?

G

From a coding standpoint? yes, but it will still loop under the hood. Create
a DataAdapter with a SELECT command on that table. Take the Informix and feed
the DataSet into the Access DataSet and call Update().

If you simply want to move data from source to source, you can also use DTS
(off SQL Server tools). It is designed for basic ETL type ops.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

P

Paul Clement

¤ I have an application that loads a dataset from an stored procedure out of an Informix database. The application needs to take the filled dataset and dump data into an Access database so the user can then use the Access database for other uses, making the Access database portable.
¤
¤ Because I have loaded the dataset the rowstate shows unchanged in turn not allowing a data adapter to perform an insert statement into the connected Access Database.
¤
¤ Does anyone know of a method of taking a loaded dataset and pushing the data into Access without actually looping through the dataset and doing an insert into Access?

Wouldn't it be easier to create linked tables in your Access database to your Informix database
tables? Using this method you could dump the data directly using SQL statements.

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Ask a Question