Data Access Layer, Code generation and webservices

G

I have to develop a number of winform database table-editors connecting to a server using WEB-Services and a datalayer on the server. Any advice on code-generators or the way to go? Typed dataset? custom classes? code generators? If code generatros any recommendations??

Code generator should be able to create bindable , serializable collections which work correctly over webservices-

Thanks

Madhuri Mittal
Independent Consulting Practice
Microsoft Enterprise Development Technologies

G

I've just donwloaded a program called Raptier from http://www.sharppower.com/ and I found to be pretty incredible! It's free until you want to see more than 15 tables from your SQL server. Try it... you can take the generations and do some customizing. It's creates your update, insert and delete methods as well as your SQL stored procedures. Once done all you have to do is call an object and instatiate the class. Then in your code you call the update function from theat object and you're set! Sql is updated

This works great when you have a lot of columns and want to add parameters in your code and use the power of stored procedures in the SQL class. This type of stuff can be very time consuming. You might have to do some jostling on the code to make it do what you want it to do. Hope this helps.

W

William Ryan eMVP

Try Deklarit www.deklarit.com .. it's superb.
Madhuri Mittal said:
I have to develop a number of winform database table-editors connecting to
a server using WEB-Services and a datalayer on the server. Any advice on
code-generators or the way to go? Typed dataset? custom classes? code
generators? If code generatros any recommendations??
Code generator should be able to create bindable , serializable
collections which work correctly over webservices-

Ask a Question