Data Access Application Block for .NET

G

Hi
I downloaded the Data Access Application Block for .NET (DataAccessApplicationBlock.msi) and run the installer. I then followed the instruction below to add it to my project

When you create a data access client that uses the Data Access Application Block, you should perform the following steps

1. Set a reference to the Data Access Application Block assembly Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll

2. Select the project file in the Solution Explorer window, and then click Properties on the Project menu. In the Common Properties section of the dialog box, select Imports to view the namespaces that are imported in the project

3. In the Namespace text box, type Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data, and then click Add Import. All Data Access Application Block types are located within this namespace

I then did a compile and I got this message

Namespace or type 'Data' in the project-level Imports 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data' cannot be found

Any ideas? This has been happening recently to any namespace that I try to install on my pc. I have an xp with Visual Studio .NET 2003 (ENTARCH). May be there is something wrong with the IDE

Thanks

G

Greg

no problems here

Chris said:
Hi,
I downloaded the Data Access Application Block for .NET
(DataAccessApplicationBlock.msi) and run the installer. I then followed the
instruction below to add it to my project:
When you create a data access client that uses the Data Access Application
Block, you should perform the following steps:
1. Set a reference to the Data Access Application Block assembly Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll.

2. Select the project file in the Solution Explorer window, and then
click Properties on the Project menu. In the Common Properties section of
the dialog box, select Imports to view the namespaces that are imported in
the project.
3. In the Namespace text box, type Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data, and
then click Add Import. All Data Access Application Block types are located
within this namespace.
I then did a compile and I got this message:

Namespace or type 'Data' in the project-level Imports
'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data' cannot be found.
Any ideas? This has been happening recently to any namespace that I try to
install on my pc. I have an xp with Visual Studio .NET 2003 (ENTARCH). May
be there is something wrong with the IDE?

Ask a Question