Custom Place Holders in XP

A Smyers

I need to create my own custom place holders in PPT for students to be able
to click and fill in information. I have created a custom template for
Kindergarten students. I am trying to prevent them from having to click,
highlight and type their name. I want the box to say, "click here to add
your name" Then, when they click on it, they type their name and the
directions disappear. Can this be done?

I would also like to be able to edit the place holder text that MS has .
For example, on a title slide where it says, "Click to add title" I would
like to be able to change the directions. Can that be done?

Glen Millar

Hi,

You can't customise placeholders, or even add new ones. And you can't change
the text.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Bill Dilworth

Sure, you can do that, but you might want to change your terminology.

In PowerPoint, the term placeholders has a very special meaning. It is an
item on a master slide that will set aside a section for use as a title,
page number text, etc. Glen is right, these can not be added.

What I think you might want is a box, that when clicked, takes the focus to
a 'textbox' where the user (child) can type his name. This can be done
using a couple of different methods.

The simplest would be to "click here to get started" that takes the user to
a slide where a textbox is. (One of the characteristics of a text box is
that it appears on top of all shapes, text and graphics.) The text from the
text box will have to be retrieved using VBA, and is a little complicated if
you are not familiar with Visual Basic.

You can also use a simple input box from vba, a user form, or even a
complicated build by clicking routine.

To get you started, you may want to look at some of this. If it all looks
Greek (the r is optional), than post back and we may be able to help the
kids out a bit.
**How do I USE this VBA stuff in PowerPoint?
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00033.htm

--
Bill Dilworth, Microsoft PPT MVP

Change org to com to defuse anti-spam,