Custom form to order services/no online processing

G

Hi
Was wondering if anyone had a similar situation. I am doing a site that sells services only so I can't use the MS E commerce program. I don't want to use a shopping cart program because the order form needs 20 customized fields that the client needs to get. I was thinking of just creating a form, getting the credit information, forwarding to the client's e-mail and then have them input the payment manually. This is not a high volume site. The customer would get a standard confirmation form but it would not have a price/receipt. I would get the SSL services from bCentral so the credit information would be secure.

Do you think this is acceptable? If not do you know of a way to produce a form to go to the client e-mail but a simple credit form to go to the gateway

Thanks for any information.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

However if you except credit card via SSL, then the web site owner must also receive the credit card
number via SSL. This requires the use of server-side scripting and a database or the purchase and
installation of PGP email, which I don't think you will be able to do using bCentral.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Mfogel said:
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone had a similar situation. I am doing a site that sells services only so I
can't use the MS E commerce program. I don't want to use a shopping cart program because the order
form needs 20 customized fields that the client needs to get. I was thinking of just creating a
form, getting the credit information, forwarding to the client's e-mail and then have them input the
payment manually. This is not a high volume site. The customer would get a standard confirmation
form but it would not have a price/receipt. I would get the SSL services from bCentral so the
credit information would be secure.
Do you think this is acceptable? If not do you know of a way to produce a form to go to the client
e-mail but a simple credit form to go to the gateway?

G

Even if the credit is simply input on a FP form? The user will just get the information like any other information in a form no?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Correct, but it will NOT be secure and basically you would be deceiving customers who think they are
providing their credit card info securely.

The only secure method, is having the customer input their credit card info, then passing the credit
card info directly to a credit card gateway, which then validates the credit card, and then send
back to the web site an approval code, which then allow the remainder of the purchase process to
continue on the web site, with site owner receiving the order, but not the credit card info. If the
credit card gateway send back a failure code then the process stops.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Mfogel said:
Even if the credit is simply input on a FP form? The user will just get the information like any
other information in a form no?

Ask a Question