current user's name who last edited a record in MS access 2000

I want to know the time, date, and the user's name who last edited or
modified a record in microsoft access 2000 database. Please help. Thank you
very much!

Allen Browne

Access does not provide this information to you, so you will need to add 2
extra fields to store the UpdatedOn (date/time) and UpdatedBy (Text).

Use the BeforeUpdate event procedure of your *form* to assign the value to
these fields.

For example:
Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
Me.UpdatedOn = Now()
Me.UpdatedBy = CurrentUser()
End Sub

If you want to store the user's Windows name instead of the JET user name,
see:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.

"Last user's name that modified a record" <Last user's name that modified a
record @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

John Vinson

I want to know the time, date, and the user's name who last edited or
modified a record in microsoft access 2000 database. Please help. Thank you
very much!

Unless you are recording that information (in the same or another
table, using VBA on the data entry form), you're out of luck. Access
does not keep track of either.

John W. Vinson[MVP]