    Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
    cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
    promote for performance, not preferences.

    CWLee, Jan 15, 2005

  2. CWLee

    Jud Guest

    "CWLee" <> wrote in message
    news:uZlya50#...

    > I'm using Windows 2000/Pro. Now and then, with my hand no
    > where near the mouse, the cursor moves back and forth on the
    > screen, sometimes in a smooth sweep, other times in a jumpy
    > mode.
    >
    > Any idea what causes this? Does it forecast a problem to
    > appear one of these days? It doesn't bother me, and I can
    > easily live with it, but I worry that it is a hint I should
    > do something similar to changing the oil in my car.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > ----------
    > CWLee
    > Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
    > cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
    > promote for performance, not preferences.

    Try changing your mouse,
    Jud

    Jud, Jan 15, 2005

  3. CWLee

    Guest Guest

    There are some "joke" programs and a virus that are responsible for some
    weird mouse activity.

    Go Here:
    http://us.mcafee.com

    Search in the Virus Database for "mouse" and see if any of these match your
    symptoms.

    -BMR777
    www.rusnakweb.com

    Guest, Jan 16, 2005
  4. CWLee

    aD Guest

    CWLee wrote:
    > I'm using Windows 2000/Pro. Now and then, with my hand no
    > where near the mouse, the cursor moves back and forth on the
    > screen, sometimes in a smooth sweep, other times in a jumpy
    > mode.
    >
    > Any idea what causes this? Does it forecast a problem to
    > appear one of these days? It doesn't bother me, and I can
    > easily live with it, but I worry that it is a hint I should
    > do something similar to changing the oil in my car.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I've had mouse problems when direct sunlight was shining on the mouse - it
    confuses the infared signals inside that detect roller movement. That's
    assuming it's not a ball-less mouse!

    It could also be a damaged cable or plug, so as a previous poster mentioned
    try switching the mouse.

    aD

    aD, Jan 16, 2005