Ctrl, Alt, Del-disabling the shut down function

Russell

Can you disable the shut down function on a per user
basis? I have a machine that many users log into and I
don't want them to have the ability to shut it down,
unless they unplug it.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Russell,

This is a computer based configuration and not a user-based configuration.
If you needed to apply a user-based policy to a computer, you could employ
loopback processing per the below article, but you want to do the opposite
which is not possible with loopback.

231287 Loopback Processing of Group Policy
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
Directory Services