Crystal Reports for Visual Studio.NET

Samuel

I'm having a problem with this product.

When I was using "Visual Studio.NET 1.0" to develop a
project, we had no issues, but now after migrating
to "Visual Studio.NET 2003" it does not use the same
properties and methods.

The error we're having now is:

The base class includes the field 'CR_Viewer', but its
type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not
compatible with the type of control
(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer).

Basicaly we just opened the application, and allowed
VS.NET 2003 to perform the upgrade.

First of all: When opening any page that has a crystal
reports VIEWER - the page still has the previous control,
so we need to perform the modification to the new viewer
manually:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="cr"
Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web"
Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" %>

otherwise it will have Version=9.1.3300.0

Can anybody explain me how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance

Sam

John Eikanger [MSFT]

Hi, Samuel

In addition to posting your question here, also look at
http://www.crystaldecisions.com/. Though it ships with Visual Studio,
Crystal Reports is supported by Crystal Decisions. They have a self-help
section and they offer phone & e-mail support. Their web sites states that
you get two Crystal incidents with the purchase of Visual Studio .NET.

HTH,

John Eikanger
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
(c) 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.