cryptography - public private keys

Ollie Riches

I am looking for a good example that demostrates the creation, storage and
use of public & private keys in a .net application - preferably C#.

I am a little unsure on how I am going to extract the public key for use in
a publicly available .net application we plan to develop.

Cheers

Ollie

Eugene Mayevski

Hello!
You wrote on Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:12:48 -0000:

OR> I am a little unsure on how I am going to extract the public key for
OR> use in a publicly available .net application we plan to develop.

The answer depends on how you are going to use the public key
infrastructure. Asymmetric keys can be used as pure RSA or DSA keypairs, or
as X.509 certificates or as PGP keypairs. Depending on the use, the methods
of key generation and management also differ.

With best regards,
Eugene Mayevski
http://www.SecureBlackbox.com - the comprehensive component suite for
network security