Criteria to open form

G

I have a form that is used to update several fields from different tables.

Below is the record source for the form

SELECT DISTINCTROW [Account Information].[Account Name], [Account Information].[Policy Number], [Account Information].[EAP], [Account Information].[X-Mod], [Account Information].[Underwriter], [Account Information].[Agency Name], [Account Information].[Agency Contact], [Location].[Location Address], [Location].[Location City], [Location].[Location State], [Location].[Location Zip Code], [Location].[Location Contact Name/Title], [Location].[Location Phone], [Location].[Location Email], [Location].[Assigned Consultant] FROM ([Account Information] RIGHT OUTER JOIN [Location] ON [Account Information].[Policy Number] =[Location].[Policy Number])

If I wanted to have a criteria Prompt for either "Account Name" or "Policy Number" when the form opens, what code would I need to write. I know what to do for queries and reports but not sure what do for a form.

G

Sorry for wasting your time

I was a dummy and forgot to go into the SQL or design view where I easily made the changes to prompt my forms. I found the query the wizard made and it was easy

----- bdehning wrote: ----

I have a form that is used to update several fields from different tables.

Below is the record source for the form

SELECT DISTINCTROW [Account Information].[Account Name], [Account Information].[Policy Number], [Account Information].[EAP], [Account Information].[X-Mod], [Account Information].[Underwriter], [Account Information].[Agency Name], [Account Information].[Agency Contact], [Location].[Location Address], [Location].[Location City], [Location].[Location State], [Location].[Location Zip Code], [Location].[Location Contact Name/Title], [Location].[Location Phone], [Location].[Location Email], [Location].[Assigned Consultant] FROM ([Account Information] RIGHT OUTER JOIN [Location] ON [Account Information].[Policy Number] =[Location].[Policy Number])

If I wanted to have a criteria Prompt for either "Account Name" or "Policy Number" when the form opens, what code would I need to write. I know what to do for queries and reports but not sure what do for a form.

Ask a Question