Creating trust between SBS 2003 & 2000 server

divakar

We have purchased Small business server 2003(primium
edition) for our new IBM server and created a domain.
Kindly tell us how to create trust between this domain and
other existing domains(servers running 2000 server O/S).

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting here.

I understand that you want to establish trust relationship between Windows
2000 domain and the new Small Business Server 2003.

Please note that it is not possible to establish the trust relationship
between Small Business server 2003 and the Windows 2000 domain. Please
visit the following link for more information.

Windows Small Business Server 2003 Getting Started Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sbs/2003/plan/gsg/appx_d.mspx

Please scroll down to the "Active Directory" section of the article and
look at the last bullet point in that section.

Excerpt from the article:

You cannot establish any type of trust between the Windows Small Business
Server domain and any other domain. A trust is a logical relationship
established between domains to allow user accounts and global groups
defined in one domain to be given rights and permissions in another domain.

I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!

Rashmi

| From: "divakar" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "divakar" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Creating trust between SBS 2003 & 2000 server
| Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 01:44:17 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment
|
| We have purchased Small business server 2003(primium
| edition) for our new IBM server and created a domain.
| Kindly tell us how to create trust between this domain and
| other existing domains(servers running 2000 server O/S).

Ted

True...one cannot (to my knowledge) set up the trust in question.

Reasons are obvious...SBS 2003 is for Small Bussinesses...and the MS logic
is "SBS 2003 is NOT used i complex situations that require trust
relationsships". In other words MS states:

If you need to create a trust relationship, use Windows Server 2003
versions...

Ted