Creating shortcuts and shortcut groups with VBA?

Jeff Kowalczyk

I've been googling for two days to see if I can find this out on my own,
but the common uses of 'groups' and 'shortcuts' is clouding the search.

Is there a VBA appliction object in Access 2002 that will allow me to
create shortcuts (and groups for shortcuts) as I iterate over my
querydefs? There does not seem to be a macro command. There is a menu
command, so I would expect VBA automation to be able to touch it.

I'm referring to the internal groupings you can create in Access, not
Windows/Internet favorites.

Thanks for any information.

Alick [MSFT]

Hi Jeff,

There is no Object Model for the Groups/shortcuts and therefore no easy way
to deal with them programmatically; however, we can simulate the menu
action; perhaps that does some help to your problem:

Sample code
========

' Add the Employes table to the group "MYGROUP", MYGROUP is the group
just below favorites

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "Employees", True

' Shift+F10 will drop the context menu

' AA to get to Add to Group

' {RIGHT} to expand the sub menu

' 2 because the group you are creating is the second group.

SendKeys "+{F10}AA{RIGHT}2", True

' Add the myReport report to the group

DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "MyReport", True

SendKeys "+{F10}AA{RIGHT}2", True

MsgBox "The shortcuts have been created."

Please feel free to reply to the threads if you have any concerns or
question.

Sincerely,

Alick Ye, MCSD
Product Support Services