Creating an editable grid in VB .NET using Codebase and VFP databases

• Thread starter Kathy Gauvin via .NET 247
  • Start date
K

Kathy Gauvin via .NET 247

I am converting an application that is in Visual Foxpro and amusing Codebase for VB .NET to do database manipulations in VB.NET 2003. I have created a grid using the MS Hierarchical FlexGrid Control, have been able to assign each of the codebasefields to the gird, but don't seem to be able to get the grid tosuccessfully be edited. I found one example that said Ibasically have to position a textbox over the cell I want toedit, sizing it the same as the cell to make it appear that theyare typing into the flex grid itself, validate the data, andthen replace it in the cell. What appears to be happening isthat I edit one cell, and some other cell gets changed. Is therenot an easier way to do what I am trying to do? I have calledSequiter Software - the creators of Codebase - and I have beentold that there is no built in option for viewing a database,and that I have to just attach field by field to a grid. Anyhelp someone could supply would be appreciated. I also tried tosomehow attach a VFP database to a datagrid as a bound source tohave it use more of the .NET capabilites to no avail.

Thanks

C

Cindy Winegarden

In news: (e-mail address removed),
Kathy Gauvin via .NET 247 said:
I am converting an application that is in Visual Foxpro ......
I also tried to somehow attach a
VFP database to a datagrid as a bound source to have it use more of
the .NET capabilites to no avail.

Hi Kathy,

I haven't worked very much with binding data to grids but you can use the
Visual FoxPro OLE DB provider (downloadable from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates/default.aspx) to access
VFP data in a .NET app. How did you try to access the VFP data?

B

Brian P. Hammer

Kathy - I had a similar issue and found a free solution. take a look at Component One www.componentone.com They have a Flex Grid that is very powerful and should do what you need. You can get it free through a MS deal. take a look around the webpage for the link to download the free components.

Ask a Question