Create VPN Connection

Daniel

Hello All,

I need to know if it is possible to create a VPN connection via command
prompt.

I know how to use RASDIAL [entry] [username] [password], but I need to know
how to check if a connection exists in Network Connection, and if not, then
can I create one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Daniel said:
Hello All,

I need to know if it is possible to create a VPN connection via command
prompt.

I know how to use RASDIAL [entry] [username] [password], but I need to know
how to check if a connection exists in Network Connection, and if not, then
can I create one.
Hi

In Windows XP & Windows 2000, this can be done by editing the
file rasphone.pbk (ini file structure) that can be found in
the following location(s):

[Drive]:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\pbk\

alternatively
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\pbk\
--> If the connection is created for all users.

[Drive]:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\pbk\

alternatively
%APPDATA%\\Microsoft\Network\Connections\pbk\
--> If the connection is created for one user account.

For a VBScript ini read/write example using the
Scripting.FileSystemObject, you can take a look here:

From: Torgeir Bakken ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Change text in line three
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2002-09-11 11:53:18 PST
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

WSH 5.6 documentation (local help file) can be downloaded from here
if you haven't got it already: