Create macro to insert signature into email...

Fuel451

I need to create a macro that will allow a user to use CTRL + <a key> to
insert their signature into their new email. I've viewed and tried some of
the sample codes and links, but I'm not able get anything to work.

Could someone provide a working solition or a link to information that might
resolve the issue?

Thank you

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

In what version of Outlook? If pre-Outlook 2007, with Word or the built-in Outlook editor?

What have you tried and what specifically didn't work?

Fuel451

Currently running Outlook 2003 on most workstations. This one in particular
is running version 2003 and I'm trying to use Outlook Editor. I've also
tried recording a macro with Word, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I
run the macro.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=615 should work fine with the built-in editor to insert a previously stored signature.

Note that using Ctrl+ key shortcuts isn't an option in Outlook. The closest solution is putting a command on the toolbar to run a macro and assign an Alt+ accelerator by putting a & in the command's caption.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Fuel451

I must have the process wrong, because the macro does not show up after I
save it. Here's the process...

- tools, macro, macros
- insert macro name, click create
- paste the code in and save it
- when I go to tools customize, macros there's no macro listed
- when I go to the macros window, there's no macro listed

If I try to create a new macro, it brings up the editor and the code from
the previous macro and starts a new page.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What does your macro look like? The sample is not a macro, but a subroutine that can be called by a macro, which would need to pass the name of the signature to the InsertSig procedure.

What code module did you create it in? (HINT: Use Alt+F11 to open the Outlook VBA directly.)
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

driko lane

Hello all

I am trying to create a Auto reffrence number for each outgoing message i send from my outllok 2007. like so

Msg.No: 2333 Date: 2-12-1990 Time: 12:23 pm Jake

explanation
msg no --> is the message number itself
date --> is the date when themessage created
time ---> is the time when themessage created
jake --> is the person who created / compose the message

i tried this tutorial <http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1660>

but unfortunately, i failed..nothing cames up and shoed up..i dont have any knowlegde with macro tough...

can someone help me doing the above tutorial step-by-step?

thanks and appreciate your inputs...

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That's not a tutorial; it's a code sample. It assumes that you know the basics of adding code to the Outlook VBA environment, as described at http://outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=49

If you didn't understand part of the code sample or if part of the code did not run as expected, post a comment directly on that sample with details of the problem(s) you've encountered. The author also posted his blog address as a way of inviting comments and questions.

Other methods you can use:

1) Get the last number used in a folder. Listing 15.8 in my latest book, Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming, demonstrates this. The code is usable in earlier versions and is available at http://outlookcode.com/member/book.aspx.

2) Use an Excel worksheet that contains VBA code to increment the number. See http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...sers&mid=5489e140-9794-41b7-a9ba-1324e136ff3a

You could also use a text file to hold the number or, if this is for your personal use, an Outlook item.

will pong

Greetings Sue --

I'm running MS outlook 2003.

I am trying to annotate received emails and save them with my annotations. So my interest is to insert text
1) wherever I place my cursor (amidst existing text)
2) In a specified format (probably blue, arial)

I wrote a simple macro in MSWord 2003 that serves well -- it inserts a couple of blue parentheses wherever the cursor is, and I then simply click between the paren's, and type my annotations. I'd like to replicate this ability in Outlook.

Problem is (i'm learning) that MSWord is *not* consistently invoked when editing received messages (Edit >> EditMessage). So, can you help me with a similar macro for the built-in outlook-editor?.

Again, I'm running Office 2003. I'm on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advance.
--Will

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

Re: Create macro to insert signature into email...
31-Mar-08

The sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D615 should
work fine with the built-in editor to insert a previously stored
signature.=2

Note that using Ctrl+ key shortcuts isn't an option in Outlook. The
closest solution is putting a command on the toolbar to run a macro and
assign an Alt+ accelerator by putting a & in the command's caption.=2

--=2
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrator
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=2

particular=2
also=2
when I=2
built-in Outlook editor?=2
key> to=2
some of=2
that might=20

Create macro to insert signature into email...
I need to create a macro that will allow a user to use CTRL + <a key> to
insert their signature into their new email. I've viewed and tried some of
the sample codes and links, but I'm not able get anything to work

Could someone provide a working solition or a link to information that might
resolve the issue

Thank you

In what version of Outlook?
In what version of Outlook? If pre-Outlook 2007, with Word or the
built-in Outlook editor?=2

What have you tried and what specifically didn't work?=2

--=2
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrator
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=2

to=2
some of=2
might=20

:

Re: Create macro to insert signature into email...
The sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D615 should
work fine with the built-in editor to insert a previously stored
signature.=2

Note that using Ctrl+ key shortcuts isn't an option in Outlook. The
closest solution is putting a command on the toolbar to run a macro and
assign an Alt+ accelerator by putting a & in the command's caption.=2

--=2
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrator
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=2

particular=2
also=2
when I=2
built-in Outlook editor?=2
key> to=20
some of=20
that might=20

I must have the process wrong, because the macro does not show up after I save
I must have the process wrong, because the macro does not show up after I
save it. Here's the process...

- tools, macro, macros
- insert macro name, click create
- paste the code in and save it
- when I go to tools customize, macros there's no macro listed
- when I go to the macros window, there's no macro listed

If I try to create a new macro, it brings up the editor and the code from
the previous macro and starts a new page.

:

What does your macro look like?
What does your macro look like? The sample is not a macro, but a =
subroutine that can be called by a macro, which would need to pass the =
name of the signature to the InsertSig procedure.

What code module did you create it in? (HINT: Use Alt+F11 to open the =
Outlook VBA directly.)=20
--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20

I=20
from=20
should work fine with the built-in editor to insert a previously stored =
signature.=20
closest solution is putting a command on the toolbar to run a macro and =
assign an Alt+ accelerator by putting a & in the command's caption.=20

particular=20
also=20
anything when I=20
built-in Outlook editor?=20
key> to=20
tried some of=20
work.
information that might=20

Create Auto Refrence Number for outgoing message in outlook 2007

http://outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D49

If you didn't understand part of the code sample or if part of the code =
did not run as expected, post a comment directly on that sample with =
details of the problem(s) you've encountered. The author also posted =
his blog address as a way of inviting comments and questions.=20

Other methods you can use:=20

http://outlookcode.com/member/book.aspx.=20

2) Use an Excel worksheet that contains VBA code to increment the =
number. See =
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso=
ft.public.excel.newusers&mid=3D5489e140-9794-41b7-a9ba-1324e136ff3a

You could also use a text file to hold the number or, if this is for =
your personal use, an Outlook item.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20

<driko lane> wrote in message message i send from my outllok 2007. like so
<http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D1660>
have any knowlegde with macro tough...

C# Stock Quote Webservice with WebService Behavior
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a5-4fe44a4d645e/c-stock-quote-webservice.aspx